Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back In Saddle

I finally got out for a ride yesterday, the first in a month. The first couple of miles were hard, but I soon settled into a rhythm and things fell into place. 14 miles in one hour and eight minutes was a pretty good effort for me on gravel roads. This was the same route I took on my last ride before the Lyme's Disease knocked me out, and it took 4 minutes longer that time. My thinking is that I was getting sick for a while before the rash showed up. I'm glad my weight stayed down for the last month and will continue to drop now that I can ride again. Time will tell. 

3 comments:

Doug said...

Good news you're back on the bike!

Vito said...

Welcome back Boz!!

Boz said...

Thanks, guys, it sure seems like a long time to get healthy after what started as the "flu".