Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All In A Day's Work

Suffering. Do you enjoy a good old body beat down once in a while? I do. Saturday and Sunday was a suffer-fest, especially Saturday. The campground crew and I cut and split 17 pick-up loads of wood at a friends cabin. 55 degrees, drizzle to pouring rain mix of weather. Soaked, cold to the bone , heavy work. 8:30 am to 6:30 pm, a short lunch break, but mainly hard work. It reminded me of a couple of races from back in the day, when you were so miserable, but working so hard, you just couldn't quit. I followed this up on Sunday with a long day of dry walling. A bit sore on Monday, perfect today.

I had the abscessed tooth pulled out and the gunk surrounding it carved out last week. It's sure a relief to get that over with. Very little pain, but lots of blood. I sure hope with all the infection gone that my blood sugar stabilizes. It's been erratic, but so has my work out regimen. One more side project to go, and my time will free up a bit for more riding. It's fall, my favorite outdoor time of year, and I just don't want to miss it.

No comments: