Sunday, November 15, 2009

Truck?!?

Was that a truck that hit me or life? After last Sunday's love fest with the gravel trail ride, I got into a little painting project. Plus, English, math, and interest inventories for school funding. More of that stuff tomorrow afternoon.

I was absolutely cooked after the ride with Doug and Jeff. It was fun, even though I just ground out the miles with little or no power. Without a lot of riding as of late, I really was prepared for it. And I paid for it for a couple of days after the fact. My bad.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, I spent painting the interior of my parent's house. 9 hours a day of up and down, floor to ceiling, was a lot of work. But it sure looked great when done.

Thursday, I spent the day at city hall testing. To my surprise, and the tester's, I scored very, very high in the English skills, and very high on the math. I'm encouraged for college after putting up some solid results in various tests. I'm not sure what tomorrow's session will involve, but I'm ready. With me going into the medical information field and L in the legal, I think we have the job market covered. I hope....

2 comments:

KungFooSausage said...

Good luck with the tests. Doesnt sound as though you need it though! I sometimes say to my kids "If only I had put in a bit more effort at school". I did okay, but its not until you leave that you appreciate how much of an easy life it was and how it affects your future life.

Plus its cheaper to learn there than pay for adult education later on lol.

Boz said...

The follow up on Monday was no piece of cake. I could barely see after some of the tests. I find out tomorrow the verdict...