Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fall Is Around The Corner

Cool nights, warm, low humidity days. The nip of fall in the air. Great sleeping weather. My favorite time of the year. Just wish the days weren't getting shorter. Well, you can't have everything, I guess.

I haven't gotten as much riding in as I had planned. So what else is new. Family business crops up, and my ride gets derailed. Tonight would be perfect, but soccer is on tap instead. I think a new light set up is in order, so I can ride later safely. I see a lot more lights lately, so more people are on the same train of thought.

The wild life are starting to move around more, so one has to watch out. Deer, especially the young ones have little common sense when it comes to traffic rules. The bear cubs are curious and the sows protective, so take a wide birth when passing them on the trails. Or, turn around and goes back. The mothers will snort a warning or 2 before charging, so listen up if you come across a cub.

With the Tour De France now over for about a month, the pro tour starts revving up for the fall classics. I'm glad to see Tom Boonen back on form after his personal problems took him out of the TDF. He's already won a couple of races, so maybe missing the Tour was a good thing.

4 comments:

I Am Woody said...

OMG - Bears? You really see bears?? And I thought my ride was bad with that one kamikaze dog!

Biking Duluth said...

I wish it was just a bit cooler out, like, 15 degrees or so :)

Boz said...

Yes, plenty of bears in this area. Last year I rode past on that was sitting in a driveway watching traffic. At first I thought it was a big dog, but the closer I got, the more I realized it was a large black bear. I didn't stop for a photo, since spandex is poor claw and teeth protection.

Boz said...

BD - fall riding isn't really fall riding 'till their's frost on the pumpkin.