Monday, July 27, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

No posts lately due to lack of time, riding, and changes. My divorce will be final shortly, I've been spending more time in the big city, and am now moving to said big city. Well, it's just back into Duluth proper and not the outskirts where I was hanging out. A real home again. Strange how quickly life can change. For the better at last.

Now, my riding habits will change again. Hills everywhere. I am only a few blocks from the Monday night group ride from a local LBS. I haven't ridden it before, but I'm going to give it a go next week. My fitness is down due to only a couple of rides in the last 2 weeks, so I have to get on the stick. My blood sugar is up a bit due to lack of riding. It will be back in line after a couple of good efforts in the saddle. New routines are in order as soon as the moving gets done and the house reorganized.

It sure is nice to have high speed internet again. Having it is has removed the restricter plate from my computer. I don't have to go to the coffee shop to get things done in a timely manner any more, saving money and time. Being central to all the things I need and do is great. Simple things like that make such a difference. It's like being able to breath again.

4 comments:

rlove2bike said...

Glad to hear things are going in the right direction. Don't let them guys hammer you too hard.

Boz said...

That's why I'll hit it hard for a week to get back. If I rode tonite, I'd be so far off the back it would be...off the back.

Doug said...

Twin Ports Cyclery is the only Monday Night Ride I know of, is that the one? If you're only a few blocks from there, then you're only a couple of miles from me. Maybe we can finally get together for a ride or two.

Boz said...

Doug,
I'm on 27th Ave W. Pretty close I'd say. We can definitely get together and ride.