Friday, July 10, 2009



I had never ordered anything from Pro Bike Kit before. They always have some sort of special in there e-mail flyer. So, this last week, I bit. I wanted a cheaper pair of sun glasses for spares, and PBK featured there house brand for $19.99 plus shipping. I ordered them a week ago Wednesday, expecting a 2-3 week arrival time. After all, they ship from England. An e-mail the next day announced they had been shipped. The following Tuesday, an air pack arrived for me, and it felt awfully heavy for sun glasses. It turns out they had thrown in a package of High5 energy products at no charge. 7 different gels and drinks for different application, plus an interesting guide for usage. I've never heard of this company before, but I will give them a try since they were free. Most of the time, free is fine with me. Also, the glasses came with 5 differnet lens' for varied lighting conditions. This wasn't mentioned in the ad, either. Plus, PBK didn't charge shipping costs. So for 20 bones, I came away with more than I expected. With that kind of service, I watch their ads more closely. They have a cool jersey, I wonder what else they would throw in if I ordered it ? Nod, Nod, Wink, Wink.......

2 comments:

Tim D said...

Boz, High 5 is my preferred energy drink. I usually have the Super Card or the Extreme. The 4 in 1 with the whey doesn't do my stomach any good. Those sachets usually sell for about £1 each in the UK.

Tim

Boz said...

I tested out the 4:1 and a gel on my Friday ride from Hell. The 4:1 went down OK, but I prefer Hammer Heed. The gel worked fine and tasted great. I took the gel 1/2 hour in and that was perfect timing. I had a 6 mile pull into a 35 mph head wind on fairly open, mostly uphill terrain. I caught up with a group of 4 ladies and towed them for 3 miles. They were just as miserable as could be in the wind, they could hardly stay on the road, and couldn't pull through at all. I was the good Samaritan domestique towing then back to their start point where they had parked.
I sure know how to make a short comment long, don't I.