Monday, October 27, 2008

Winter on the Way

Life once again got in the way of my fall outdoor enjoyment. Very little riding, color watching etc. This weekend, I did get something done that has been put off far too long - a dedicated spot to ride the trainer and run on the tread mill. I cleaned out the shop equipment and organized (somewhat) the back room in the basement. It's been used as a catch-all storage area, work shop and cat room for far too long. But now, there's a treadmill, stationary trainer, and TV with VCR/DVD combo set up. I've got to pick up an 8X10 carpet remnant and it will be complete. All set for winter workouts for the whole family.

My endocrinologist appointment was pushed back to November 20th, much to my consternation. I've been getting bumped quite a bit lately by the clinic, so I called to complain. The gal on the other end of the phone actually listened and found me a spot for this Wednesday. I may get my answer on the insulin pump sooner than I planned. It will be nice to know, one way or the other. In the mean time, my blood sugar levels are lower and more consistent than ever before. I was warned that I would probably gain weight when using insulin as my main medication, but so far, so good. The gym set up will really help, I do believe.

No comments: