Monday, November 3, 2008

Redlines, Ridleys & Rum River CX

Finally, back to cycling. I ran down to Milaca on Sunday to catch the 'cross race. I haven't been to the course before, but from what I saw, I would be a good one for me to start on. Not a lot of running, some long stretches to put the rouleur power to good use, and some MTB-esque wooded trails. A very nice venue central to the Mpls/St. Paul and Duluth area racers. If my knee holds up, I just may try it next year. To do that, I would have to get a CX bike. Seems to be plenty of Redlines, Ridleys, Surleys and Specialized running up front. Doug Swanson held off the A men for the win, Jenna Zander took the A women, with several area riders, such as Harry Anderson ( pictured above), riding strong. The weather was almost too warm for racing, but perfect for spectating and photos. But no cow bells ?

No comments: