Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Exploring My Back Yard

I set out this morning for a short, hour or so ride to do a little exploring on some of the trails into the local woodsy areas. What I found was a great trail that runs right behind the place I'm staying. The Canosia Wildlife Management area has a trail running though it from the end of the Lismore Road, off the Lavaque, to the north end of the Ugstad road. It make a nice thirteen mile loop. Moose, deer, fox, beaver, and plenty of small game and birds populate the area. It was wet to the point of having to carry the bike in spots, but the mixed surface ride was worth it. Beaver dam, moose tracks, steep climbs, mud, water - you name it. When it dries a little more, it will be a gas to ride.







1 comment:

rlove2bike said...

Sounds like fun. Riding and exploring little trails are my favorite rides.