Monday, April 6, 2009

Inbetweenies


It's that time of year, no quite winter, not really spring. I plan on getting out for a ride this afternoon, but the way things are going lately, one can never be sure. I've move out of my former home and away from that life. It feels like I've gone to my own little Alba for committing no crime. Confusing, befuddling, bewildering, and so on and so forth.

At my old digs, I had to ride up hill both ways when going out to ride. I've always liked to have a nice twenty minute warm up spin before any hard effort. But, being a Clydesdale, climbing is always an effort. Where I live now, I can ride several miles before I hit any sort of grade. Just like the old days. That's very motivating to me. It's also out in the country, where most of us prefer to ride. And the roads are in pretty good shape.

I ordered a plug in wireless adapter for my lap top, which will be here in a couple of days. That will make it possible to write a little more often. I've been following things on my Black Berry, but it's tough to do a whole lot on a pda.

Stijn Devolder won Flanders this weekend, his second win in that race in a row. Seems the field marked Tom Boonen again, allowing his team mates to control the race with various breaks, which worked in Quick Step's favor again this year. My fave, Fabian Cancellera, broke his chain while applying massive power to the pedals. He hasn't had a lot of good luck this early season.

The eagles are out in force this spring, feasting on deer carcass' along the roads. The snow melt has exposed plenty of bodies along the Lavaque Road up toward Fish Lake. They have been hard to get pictures of, but I think I can get close on my bike. As in the photo I posted, they get away pretty quickly if you stop your auto, but a bike can be stealthy. Eagle are just so cool to watch.

No comments: