Monday, March 15, 2010

Digital Photo Class




These shots are from my Digital Photography class I'm taking this semester at Lake Superior College. The instructor really loves the derailleur pic, so much so she is having it blown up and shown in the art building on her office wall. She didn't even know what it was, but thought it was an excellent piece of art. What would she think if it was Campy C-Record? Hmmm...

I took the rock formation shot this last Sunday on the Munger Trail. Doug and I rode up the trail from West Duluth for a ways until the hike-a-bike got a little too much. It was nice to get out, even for just a little more than an hour, in the great weather. This week should really get the snow melt going, being above 50 degrees for most of the week. I plan on riding a bit more than I have been lately. I need a good base going into summer.

4 comments:

Tim D said...

Very nice indeed. I like the saddle shot. Exactly how long did you spend cleaning the chain and sprockets in that derailier shot?

Biking Duluth said...

I was wondering the same thing, we all know there is only one time a derailleur looks that nice, thats the instant before it's put in the box at the factory.

I'm anxious for the first road bike ride of the year! Should be fun!

Boz said...

I gave the bike a good cleaning last fall, then again this winter. After a quick ride the other day, it just needed a bit of tough up to look good. I had to retake the derailleur shot a couple of time because of smudges that I couldn't Photoshop out. Some Zep orange degreaser took care of that. Macro really does show the imperfections, so I had to be patient, but it paid off.

Tim D said...

Please come and live in my house as the resident bike cleaner.