Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flahutes Walk About




The pic on the far left tells us that winter is on the way. Snowmobile on the Munger Trail. They pack it down so us bikers can ride on it, so I can't complain too much. The other two shots are of a couple of bridges on Seven Bridges Road. Very European looking, I one might say. I took them on what the Aussies might consider a "walk about". More like a nice afternoon walk, I should say.
I started off on a quick survey of the neighborhood yesterday. You see, a lot of construction has been going on up above us, and I wanted to check it out. Since I was up towards Hawk's Ridge, I thought I would just follow the trail up the hill for a quick look-see. An hour or so later, I was on my way down Seven Bridges Road, thus the pictures.Since it was such a nice day, it was not surprising that I met several bike riders and runners on the way. The weather is not getting any better, so why waste it?

Today was crappy - a rain/snow mix, wind, gloomy skies. But, still lot's of people riding. On my way to meet some of my former co-workers for coffee, I pulled up along side a guy in rain gear at a stop light. I wound down my window and commented to him "Nice day to be a flahutes". He gave me a big grin and a thumbs up! The brotherhood of cycling never ceases to amaze.

No comments: