Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday July 3rd




Got out early and scouted out an area near where I lived for many years, but never explored. Just north of the Island Lake dam is a maze of twisting, up and down ATV trails. Very fun to ride, but I couldn't figure out how to link them to another trail that supposedly connects to the Bear Island Road. I guess I'll have to print a Google map next time.

After getting out of the woods, I ran over to the Cooke Lake Road and did some cadence work. Staying in the 80-85 rpm range for an hour on gravel takes it out of you, especially with all the short and some longer grades. The 32 middle ring along with the 11-36 close ratio cluster is the real deal that I read so much about. You seem to be always in the right gear to maintain the r's. Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

High Plains Drifters said...

Great pix. Nothing but sun-charred, pine beatle leftovers around here. Cheers!