Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Fun





























I rode down the hill this morning to take in the Duluth Duathlon. It's a run-bike-run format, with the run being a trail run, the bike leg is on the road, but hilly compared to the normal flatter time trial you see in most triathlons. The course ran out of Lester Park, right down the hill from my house. I've run these roads and trails many times, but never put 2 and 2 together to think of a duathlon. A perfect location, a perfect day weather wise made for a nice event.

Dopey me left the camera with my wife at the camper Friday, so I only had my cell phone camera for pictures. Hope you don't mind. Jim over at Unholy Rouleur would probably get a kick out of the dismounts into the transition from bike to runs. Road cleats on pavement make for some slip-sliding near crashes. The top riders really cooked in and I caught one headed for me as he hit the barrier. maybe they should take some 'cross lessons...


Me, I got in some MTB riding and did some hill repeats on the road bike. I got in about 9 hours of saddle time since Thursday. Not enough, but some group rides this week should help in my Velo Duluth century on July 19th. Now, back to the TDF stage 2 and a cold Stella Artois. Ahhhh.

No comments: